Thank you for considering York United Methodist Church as the place to hold your event. We offer a variety of spaces to fit any need. You do NOT need to be a member of York UMC to rent a space, although priority is given to our members when scheduling.
Click HERE to see our building usage guidelines. Use of the York Community Hall or the Fellowship Hall requires a fee of $100.00 for members and non members, (Rental fee can be waived for nonprofit events.) To rent any of our spaces, please complete a BUILDING USE REQUEST FORM and submit with the appropriate payment(s).
· A refundable deposit Fee of $150.00 is required for anyone renting the building; nonprofit must put down the deposit as well. The deposit will be refunded if no damage is done to the facility and no mess is left for us to clean up.
· The deposit & fee are due at the time of booking; event must be canceled 14 days before the event to be refunded.
· Please make two checks out to York UMC. One for deposit and one for the fee.
· There will also be a building monitor on sight for non –members and nonprofit events at a charge of $10.00 per hour. This keeps us in compliance with our child protection policy.
· A check must be given the day of the event to the building monitor directly made out to him or her.
· The building monitor will open and close the church. They are not there to set up or clean up. Please set up and clean up within the hours you have requested.
· The room needs to be returned to the way it was before your rental.
· NO ALCOHOL on church property
· NO SMOKING on church property
Complete the form, sign and date it, then return to the Church office with the required Rental Fee and Deposit. Once the office has received your signed form, they will contact you for confirmation of date and time. If there should be any changes to your request, please notify the Church office at least two (2) days prior to your event.
York Community Hall:
The largest of our spaces here at York UMC, York Community Hall is perfect for a larger gathering, such as a bridal or baby shower, birthday party or anniversary celebration. Our space features a wonderful kitchen as well. York Community Hall holds approximately 300 people. It is handicap accessible and has convenient restroom facilities close at hand. This air conditioned space is the most popular one rented here at York, and books months in advance.
Old Fellowship Hall:
Another popular gathering space, this space also has access to a small kitchen. This space is in the west wing of our building and is also handicap accessible and has restrooms close by. This space holds approximately 110 people.
Church Pavilion (members only):
Our beautiful outdoor pavilion is available to members only. There is no rental fee and is first come/first served for requests.